At ALDI SÜD, responsible and lawful action is our top priority in order to secure economic success and prevent damage. Compliance is therefore a fundamental component of corporate responsibility and reinforces our values: simplicity, responsibility and reliability. Appropriate compliance measures, such as regular training for our employees, are designed to ensure that all our employees act in accordance with the rules.
ALDI SÜD has set up an independent Compliance Department which is responsible for developing the compliance management system on an ongoing basis. Because only an effective system can serve to protect our company, the management and all employees from fines, personal penalties and financial losses and protect our reputation.
In addition, the compliance values are embodied by the company management and infused throughout the company by regularly setting the "tone from the top".
The Code of Conduct of the ALDI SÜD Group has formed the basis for compliance in the company since 2016 and serves as a guideline for all employees. It sets out the principles that we adhere to in our daily dealings with each other, customers and business partners. The following video shows the essential contents of the Code of Conduct.
To display the video, data are transmitted via YouTube upon activation.
At ALDI SÜD in Germany, we have a Legal Counsel of Confidence who serves as a neutral point of contact for our employees and business partners in the event of (potential) compliance violations. Dr. Thiel von Herff is a licensed lawyer and has been Legal Counsel of Confidence at ALDI SÜD since autumn 2013, acting as a neutral and independent contact person.
The following topics may, in particular, be reported (anonymously, if desired) to the Legal Counsel of Confidence:
- Theft, embezzlement
- Breach of trust, fraud, falsification of documents
- Breaches of cartel law
- Fair competition violations
- Infringements related to a conflict of interest
- Corruption/bribery, acceptance of prohibited financial benefits
- Discrimination, bullying, sexual harassment
- Labour law violations and infringements of occupational health and safety regulations
- (e.g. drug/alcohol use in the workplace)
- Misconduct by superiors, employees and colleagues
- Breaches of data protection stipulations
- Violations of quality assurance guidelines
- Breaches of environmental standards
- Disclosure of confidential information
- Violations that could result in significant financial damage or a loss of reputation
Your Legal Counsel of Confidence
Dr Carsten Thiel von Herff
Thiel von Herff Lawyers
Detmolder Straße 30
Tel.: +49 521 55733-0 (Monday to Friday 8.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.)
Mobile: +49 151 58230321 (Monday to Sunday 6.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m.)
Whistleblower system: https://report-tvh.com/de/
Besides contacting the Legal Counsel of Confidence, employees and business partners can also directly contact the Compliance Department in the event of (potential) compliance violations.
Violations of data protection regulations can be reported directly to the Data Protection Department. E-mail: datenschutz(at)aldi-sued.de
If you wish to report confidential issues to the Data Protection Officer, please refer to the information provided at https://www.aldi-sued.de/de/datenschutz/.